Before you start!
Please ensure that the pool is clean and the basic chemicals are balanced properly before closing your pool for the winter. The winter chemicals are used after the pool has been properly balanced.
Pool Prep and Chemical Treatment:
- Remove ladders and rails.
- Remove the wedges, clean and oil.
- Store in a suitable place for winter.
- Install diving board cover if necessary.
- If using a mesh cover, the water level should be lowered two inches below the skimmer.
- Super chlorinate with liquid chlorine (shock) and add an algaecide to water.
- If it is a mesh cover, PH+ and stain preventer are recommended.
- Thoroughly mix chemicals into the water.
- Fill water bags if used for holding the cover down. Use pool water through the backwash for the fastest way, or a garden hose.
Blowing Out Lines:
* If you have black polymer pipes underground, then you do not have to blow out your lines *
- Install Blowout Gizzmo.
- Use a shop vacuum or a blower to blow water out of the line through the Gizzmo.
- Switch the filter to RECIRCULATE mode.
- Now begin by capping the RETURN/WALL SUCTION that is releasing the most air and continue until all wall ports are capped.
- Allow the main drain to fully empty of water and close the line before the pump to create an airlock.
- Pour a gallon of antifreeze into the Gizzmo and cap.